The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

PIL unablle to Tag Autorecords

Hi Jason,  I know we have had this discussion before where I have pointed out that on our system Play It Live does not tag auto recorded shows until we move them or rename them  after they have been closed by PIL Recorder - any clues here ?

2021-01-22 11:24:06.596: [FolderMonitor] [INFO ] [TrackFromFile] Loading track from file: C:\MORE\Presenters\IndyLive Radio\PlayIt Recorder\2021-01\2021.01.22_11-TheDailyShow FRI_AUTO.mp3

2021-01-22 11:24:06.628: [FolderMonitor] [WARN ] [TagLibMp3TagPopulator] Unexpected Exception thrown for C:\MORE\Presenters\IndyLive Radio\PlayIt Recorder\2021-01\2021.01.22_11-TheDailyShow FRI_AUTO.mp3. System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\MORE\Presenters\IndyLive Radio\PlayIt Recorder\2021-01\2021.01.22_11-TheDailyShow FRI_AUTO.mp3' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at TagLib.File.LocalFileAbstraction.get_ReadStream()

at TagLib.File.set_Mode(AccessMode value)

at TagLib.NonContainer.File.Read(ReadStyle propertiesStyle)

at TagLib.Mpeg.AudioFile..ctor(IFileAbstraction abstraction, ReadStyle propertiesStyle) at TagLib.File.Create(IFileAbstraction abstraction, String mimetype, ReadStyle propertiesStyle)

at PlayIt.Tracks.Audio.TagLibMp3TagPopulator.PopulateTrack(String sFilename, Track oTrack)

Ah,  My misunderstanding of how it works. How is the date applied to auto recorded shows  that  allows the PIL track group 'added' filter  to work?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I've just tested this workflow. When PlayIt Recorder is recording the file it will lock the file for writing. The TagLib library will try to open the file with exclusive 'Read' which it cannot do as the file is being constantly changed while it is being written to. PlayIt Recorder does not tag the files with any metadata after recording so there is nothing new to learn after PlayIt Live had imported it except for a changing duration.

PlayIt Live will fall back to the name of the file to determine the artist and title of the track.

Login to post a comment