The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic
Solved

PlayIt Live won't open in standard user account

Hi,

I've just installed PlayIt Live on my studio computer and while everything works perfectly on the system administrator account, I don't want the presenters at my station to have access to this account due to past problems.  However, when I try to open PlayIt Live on a standard user account it fails, even if I set the specific application to run as an administrator.  It runs through the standard startup procedure up to "initialising plugin engine" at which point I get an error message saying "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and cannot go any further.  I'm running Windows 7 and the latest version of PlayIt Live.

Is this a widespread issue or does it only affect me and if so, do you know if there is a way for me to fix this?

Many thanks in advance

Luke

Hi Luke,

This appears to be related to ASIO devices appearing on the Administrator account but not on the Standard account.

Please could you try this version and let me know if it fixes the problem: http://downloads.playitsoftware.com/Live/PlayItLiveSetup_1.08.2.806.exe

Please let me know if this fixes your problem and I will release this as a main download.

Kind regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks such a quick reply - everything now works perfectly!!

Best wishes,

Luke