The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Now Playing Plugin updating twice

Hello,

Since the update v2.05.2.2738 that I installed on February 9th, I'm having an issue where the Now Playing Plugin sends twice the title, and it causes a huge issue to my radio since every single title is shown twice on our Server logs, and it also causes our Visual Radio to lag and be delayed (since we have no way to get the actual play time of a song we have to do it from the update of the Now Playing plugin).

Is there any way to fix that?

1 person has this problem

Good morning,

I'm having a similar issue with the Now Playing plugin on V1.08. When the previous song is finishing and the next song has started it will update the text file with the Now Playing track then output metadata for the previous track and update it again with the Currently Playing song. This has inevitably caused the TuneIn API to timeout so I've had to disable that for now.

I've tried to toggle songs with the 'No Fade' or 'Fade' option but these do not solve the issue. I'm using the most up to date PiL. When I last used PiL for complete station automation in December - I never had this issue. Is this a known issue at all?

Hi Chris,

I've just updated PlayIt Live and the Now Playing plugin that should hopefully resolve this issue. Please update both to the latest and let me know if the problem is resolved.

Login to post a comment