The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Metadata Override

With Live365, constant updated metadata is a requirement. This becomes almost impossible with a Live DJ Mix. There needs to be a "set" button for the Metadata override in the stream window. It updates the server while you type, resulting in numerous DMCA violations. You need to be able to type the whole thing and then set the data to send. 

To further expand upon this feature. It would be great to have the ability to have timed metadata updates during a song. IE: If I'm playing a 1 hour DJ mix, having a window to be able to set the tracks that are actually playing, utilizing minutes and seconds into the track would be ideal for Live365s requirements. It would be great to just be able to paste a premade text file into that box, to facilitate easy saving of sets.   Also an "edit" button on the "aux input" line item to be able to instantly set the Metadata would make it easy to accommodate a live DJ that is connected to the equipment.

Thanks!!!!

Was there any answers to this?

Tom did you ever solve this?

I reached out to tech support and was told that it is not currently possible, unfortunately. I really need this option or I'll have to switch software...and I really don't want to because I love how it works for me. I just need that metadata piece of the puzzle.

1 person likes this

Seems so antiquated .... I can dj from my laptop, but I don't want to do this!

Nope....I had to write my own .NET application to band-aid this issue. My application is designed to work with Live365.

Wish I were more familiar with .net and writing applications. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Lol Has it worked out well for you?

I am just trying to sort it now... I wanted to use 365Live however they seem to be very stringent on the reporting rules... I mainly want a site for dj sets and their format is not going to work for me. Its a shame as they cover the license and they do this for UK USA and CDN. 

I am based in the UK, most of the hosts here don't cover licensing but the licensors, which I have to get two of, are blanket licenses and I don't have to report!  

Colin, leaving aside the suitability of PlayIt Live for DJ sets (I would see Mixxx or Serato [as examples] more suited) you can use a different streamer and manually update metadata if you want.

Ideally for longform pieces (either programme segments or mixes) it would be possible to associate some kind of log or cue sheet with metadata timings with a file and use that to make the metadata.

Tom pretty much has the requirements detailed as above.

That's not, however, a current PlayIt Live feature.

Login to post a comment