The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Play the end of a track leading up to a fixed time marker

I'm playing around with PlayIt Live trying to determine how well it fits my needs (pretty damned well, so far!)

One thing I'm having an issue trying to figure out if it's possible to do is to fill out the end of an hour with a track so that the end of the track plays right when the hard fixed time marker is set - like the way BBC World does at the top of the hour.

At the moment, the track will start playing from the beginning and then fades out in the middle of the track when the hard fixed time arrives.  What I'd like to know is how I can 

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to have PlayIt Live decide that if there's 30 seconds left before the fixed time, it should fade in the track 30 seconds before the cue out point of a track.  I realise this is probably a hard ask for a free bit of software, but I figure it's at least worth asking.

As a manual way of doing this, on the assumption that you present live, you could put it on a QuickCart and start it manually at the right time.

It would be a neat feature to be able to do this with a bed, sounds like you want to do a feature request.

https://www.playitsoftware.com/Support/FeatureRequests/

I'll log the feature request - unfortunately as this is going to be a mostly unattended stream, the cart idea won't work for me, but thanks for the suggestion.

In the mean time, I'm thinking I'll see if I can set up a separate stream of the file timed to end at the top of the hour and see if I can play the stream as a remote URL.  

Login to post a comment