Hi all.... PlayIt Live just stopped streaming for me last weekend for no reason that I can find.
Both streams are alternating between saying "Connected" and "Unable to log in. Invalid username or password." I've checked all the details and all are fine. I've installed the updated version of the internet broadcast plugin. I've updated the program itself.
No idea what else I can do! Would hugely appreciate any tips or suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Hi Mark! We don't use a mixer - everything is pre-recorded and played out. It's a primary school radio station. I'll try installing B.U.T.T. and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion!
Hello again Trystan,
B.U.T.T. would be good for a connection test but can't (simply) pick up the PlayIt Live output as it needs a "real" input (rather than the output of a software application).
Rocket Broadcaster has a free edition that can stream audio from an application and also has a very handy "test" facility for credentials, however, there are limitations on what you can do with the free version that may or may not suit your application.
If you do end up paying for Rocket Broadcaster (and personally I think the paid version is well worth the money) assuming you are in the U.K. it is better to pay in pounds.
I'll have a look at Rocket in a short while. Thanks!
I have exactly the same problem, has been working ok for several months with no problem. This weekend stopped working, works fine with Butt. keep getting "failed to log in error message"
As above please try another encoder program to diagnose the problem. It is likely your streaming provider has changed their details.
I have tryed with both BUTT, and EDCAST encoders, with exactly the same settings, and both work perfectly.
The playit encoder works perfectly with shoutcast, but dos'nt appear to work with icecast. Note: I'm running V1.09 plugin software.
I have created a private ticket for you. Please could you attach an image of the settings you are using to connect: https://support.playitsoftware.com/support/tickets/9368
Looks like this is a problem specific to laut.fm. I have contacted them to see if we can resolve this issue.
Thank you for keeping me informed.
I'm wondering if there is a solution for Laut.Fm already.
I think more Icecast servers have this problem
Thank you Larry. I know. Butt works fine for now.
An update on this - I have tried contacting Laut.fm but received no response. They appear to be using a custom implementation of Icecast which does not support the "SOURCE" method which the plugin client is using. Although this method has been deprecated by Icecast server in 2.4 in favour of the "PUT" method it has not been removed so I would have expected this to work.