The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Imported Music Won't Play

Hi,

I'm a new user and having downloaded the software I managed to import music tracks but don't seem to be able to get them to play. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Even in test mode I click the 'play' button but nothing happens.

Hi Paul,

What is showing under File > Settings for audio devices under the Live Assist tab.

Jason

Hi Jason,

A colleague changed the audio device settings for me and now it seems to be working ok. The only thing that appears to be missing is the 'gain' level display at the side of the tracks.

Paul

Hello Paul,

One observation based on your screen shot (not related to your original question).

My "master" music library is organised by Artist / Album / Track folders.

However, assuming you want some form of automatic music rotation, when I first set up "PlayIt Live" I hadn't thought through how I wanted the rotation to work.

I've now got folders by era and loads of 60s & 70s, 80s & 90s etc. tracks in those folders.

You can then set the scheduler to select from those tracks.

I also set a "gain leveling" program on all the track (copies) so they have similar subjective loudness.

For you a different approach may work better but that seemed good to me.

Thanks Mark, I'll bear that in mind when it comes to importing more tracks. I initially only imported 4 tracks just to see how things worked. My only problems at present is the lack of 'gain' level indicators against the side of tracks when they are playing. Not massively important to me but just a bit annoying that they don't seem to be working.

Paul, What sort of level are your tracks at? That would be my first guess as to the problem of the meters not indicating.

Mark, I'm new to all this and I'm not sure I understand the question about 'levels'. The volume is high so I can hear the plack playing very clearly but there is just no movement on the meters. When you say "what sort of level are the tracks at" where can I find this information? Many tahnsk for your help with this.

Hello Paul,

By "levels" I meant the loudness of the files. It is possible to have relatively quiet audio files which might play but never reach a level which shows on the meters.

If they are downloads from Amazon or MP3 CD rips then they should be loud enough to indicate on the meters.