The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic
Answered

Searching and displaying album name

Is it possible to search on the album name? I don't seem to be able to put an album name in either the main title window or the Manage Tracks window, both of which appear to allow display and search of title and artist.

Take the band Gryphon. There is a track called "Ashes" which is on the "Collection 2" album, and another arrangement of the same song (and the same length) on the new "ReInvention" album. How do I tell them apart? Being able to search and/or display the album name would sort this instantly.

Many thanks,

--Richard E

Best Answer

Hi Richard,

The track list does not filter by Album by default but you can put in a filter query to achieve what you need:

Note that the letter casing is important for Album CONTAINS

Answer

Hi Richard,

The track list does not filter by Album by default but you can put in a filter query to achieve what you need:

Note that the letter casing is important for Album CONTAINS

1 person likes this

Once an item is scheduled, by clicking it in the future schedule you can "open it up" and see the metadata. Not perfect but you can see what you have and change it for the other version if needed.

1 person likes this

The filter query approach is a great help, thank you. I wonder if you would consider in future adding more album-related (or overall metadata-related) functionality. For example, given expanded search capability, I would prefer an optional 3-line Title/Artist/Album/Duration list in the main window in addition to just Title/Duration. Plus I'd love to be able to search on Title, Artist or Album (and perhaps other metadata fields such as Genre, Year, etc), eg via a popup in the search field - I think you suggested something of that sort elsewhere. With metadata field search capability it would be less necessary to restrict the main Title pane just to Title and Duration and the option of calling up 3-line display in that pane would be very helpful - in my case at least.