The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Multiple mics

Is it possible to use multiple mics in PlayitLive - eg  Presenter and Guest mics - WITHOUT an external mixer - I'm trying to downsize the  real estate of my radio setup and want to make use of my  8x10 Audio Interface

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid that only one microphone is supported with the Microphone Mix plugin. The plugin is actually designed as a stepping stone to using a hardware mixer so you are actually already at that stage. I would suggest sticking with your current setup with a mixing desk - it'll give you the most control.

Hello Mark,

Assuming the 8x10 is the K-Mix 8x10 it is an interesting device. Not necessarily a device I would immediately think of as a radio mixer but interesting.

How usable it is depends on whether you can put a stereo channel on one "fader" and how well the ASIO driver (there seems to be one) works with PlayIt Live.

It seems to be a "clever" device (a bundle of DSP) and attempts to be the one box musicians device.

I've been keeping an eye on such products. I quite like the Yamaha AG03 and might look at a similar device with more linear faders (ideally about 6 - 2 mic & 4 ASIO audio sources with faders and gain).

One feature I like about the Yamaha is that it can be configured via a PC removing rarely used controls but keeping the features if needed.

We seem to be some way from an affordable "nirvana" with a well featured mixer that can take direct PC connections for a few separate playout system channels on different faders and a couple of mics on faders for a few hundred pounds.

Behringer where are you with such a product ?

Indeedn - thanks for your input - I'll let you know how3 I get on :)