The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Does this software link with Radio.co platform?

Does anyone know if Playit Live can link with the Radio.co platform? Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

According to their FAQ, 'Any broadcasting software that supports the SHOUTcast V1 protocol is compatible.'. The PlayIt Live Internet Broadcast plugin is compatible with Shoutcast V1 so this should work.

Kind regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your fast reply. I noticed from your software there was three options of Icecast, Shoutcast V1 and V2. I tried to connect with Shoutcast V2, so perhaps that why they wouldn't connect! 

I'll give it a try. If I can get your software up and running with Radio.co platform, I will be making a denotation for sure.

Regards,

Paul   

Jason,

I've tried as again but I'm getting an Oops appearing when I try to connect. I've attached the error report.

Can you advise please?

Regards,

Paul

JPG
(27.1 KB)

Hi Paul,

The error report is indicating that the bassenc.dll file is missing the from the program files folder. Can you verify this file is present at C:\Program Files\PlayIt Live.

Thanks,

Jason

Paul,

As an alternative and to test settings I suggest giving B.U.T.T. a try ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/butt/ ).

B.U.T.T. will happily run on a PC with PlayIt Live at the same time but (obviously) requires an audio input.

If you are using a mixer with PlayIt Live this shouldn't be a problem for you.

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your advice. I'll give this a try. The only reason I used the Radio.co platform was it's simplicity to get 'on air' but for broadcasting, I don't like their dashboard at all. I much prefer Playit Live as I have been using it presenting on a station for a while. 

Would you have any recommendations which server I should use and how to set everything up please? I love presenting but I am not too technically minded!

Regards,

Paul  

Hi Jason,

I've tried again to connect to the Radio.co platform and the error report now shows 'out of memory'.

Would you mind advising please?

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

It is very difficult to what is causing the out of memory issue, this has not been reported by any other users.

The report you have attached is the same the previous report  (23rd Feb), did you pick up the wrong one?

Jason

Paul, I suggested B.U.T.T. because it seems to be supported by the radio.co platform. You need an external mixer, but to test the platform just run the program and see if it connects. Do you have a mixer ?
Hi Jason, Thanks for your fast response. Yes I noticed I attached the wrong error report! I uninstalled the software completely, and downloaded it again together with the broadcast plugin. The 'Oops' window opened when I clicked the connect button, stating a 'out of memory' message. My PCs has loads of memory remaining, so it's hard to know what the problem is. I'm away from the PCs now so I'll forward the correct error report tomorrow. I really want to use Playit Live. Regards, Paul
Hi Mark, Thanks for staying in touch with advice. Is BUTT only just a streaming tool? I am streaming at the moment via Radio.co, simply because it was a doddle to get up and running. But I do not like their broadcasting software at all, hence why I'm trying to connect Playit Live. I do have a new Behringer mixer but I haven't yet got round to setting everything up until I get all the software issues sorted. Who do you stream with and could you let me know what server, etc, you use? Much appreciated Mark. Paul

Paul,

Yes B.U.T.T is only a streaming tool.

The broadcast chain would be PlayIt Live (sound card output) > Mixer > B.U.T.T. (sound card input) > radio.co (via a stream).

Although I've not used radio.co after a quick look at their website I found 

http://help.radio.co/knowledge_base/topics/butt

which should help.

What sort of Behringer mixer have you bought ? You get a lot for your money with Behringer.

I only have a test stream ( "radio shed" ) which I'm running 24 x 7 experimentally to see how stable it all is. I don't go beyond my home network but have an Icecast server and a shoutcast server running on an old PC (using Ubuntu Linux). My next step may be to put Icecast on a Raspberry Pi and reduce the electric bill a bit.

When I can put some time to it I'll sort out a better library and try music rotation on PlayIt Live, but at the moment it is only a technical test.

Hey Mark, Thanks for that. I bought a Behringer X1204USB Xenyx Mixer so I must get it connected up and try the chain you describe. Really appreciate your advice. Paul

Paul,

A good choice of mixer (as far as I can see).

I like the mic channel compressors and the two stereo channels. 

A slight minus is that there is no obvious way of getting the USB audio on a fader but a big plus is that the USB audio appears on the headphone source selector so you could use it as the cue channel from PlayIt live and a two channel sound card (for example the Numark DJIO - currently £29 at Amazon) to feed the two stereo channels (5&6 and 7&8).

This is getting a bit advanced, so start simple.

First get the PC, PlayIt Live and the mixer working (press 2TR/USB to main) and when it all works (after a bit of configuration in PlayIt Live setup) you should see audio on the mixer bargraphs but not be able to do anything to control it other than the main faders

Then get B.U.T.T. going (select the Behringer "sound card" as the source) and connect to radio.co and see if that all works.

Then get two players on the mixer (use the PC sound output for this into one stereo channel).

Unpress 2TR/USB to main. You can then play "live sounds" on a mixer channel and pre-hear 2TR/USB on headphones (if you select it). A usable DJ set up.

More advanced is getting a 2 stereo channel sound card which would let you have 2 players on different stereo channels.

See how you get on and report back.

Login to post a comment