The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Start Streams Remotely - Remote Studio

I am with radio.co and at present I have the "Default" playlist playing 24/7. I now have a couple of DJ's wanting to do a show. They will be logging in remotely and using remote studio. It's all working fine, but how do they start the stream remotely?

OK, streams are started on the host computer using "Start Streams" in the yop right hand corner of Playit Live and that works fine, but can my DJ's do this themselves remotely? I see no option on remote studio to start streams.

Does somebody have to be on the host computer to start the streams? If so, this seems silly (or am I missing something) and against the premise of my DJ's doing things remotely.

1 Comment

That's not really the idea behind "Remote Studio".

The basic concept is that a machine is running continuously and producing an output and the "remote studio" connects in to contribute to that output for a period of time.

Can your remote DJs not connect directly to radio.co ?

Otherwise you need to run PlayIt Live 24/7 with the default playlist on this machine and have the DJs connect to your machine. 

Login to post a comment