The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Average length of all tracks

Hey guys. Longtime user of PIL here, One of the great things about it is at least to my mind, it's very intuitive to me, and I really haven't had to do a lot of reading the manual to get things working how I want, which is just wonderful.

I would like to find out the average duration of all the tracks in my library, so that I can implement a playout policy that comes close to being 2 hours long. This may seem a bit odd, but I have half a dozen groups I'm playing from, and I would like to be able to have a consistent sound when the 2 hours of music starts again. If I had a rough idea of how many tracks fitted into 2 hours (and don't get me wrong, I fully realise it will only be a rough idea), I hope to be able to plan things better.

Many thanks :-)

1 Comment

Hi Joseph,

You can export all tracks in your system to a CSV file and open this in Excel and do your own arithmetic on the Duration column. You can find this under Manage > Tracks > CSV icon.

Login to post a comment