The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Only Part of PlayIt Recorder .wav File Being Acknowledged?

I just made my first recording using PlayIt Recorder.  Looking to optimize the quality, I left it on the .wav format.  The recording was 8 hrs. (4.75GB) but when I play it back, only the first 1 hr. 16 min. is "seen" by the player.  The audio properties sees the file as 769 MB but it is definitely 4.7 GB.  Can anyone provide me with an explanation of what happened?  More importantly, does anyone know how to recover the remaining 6 hrs. 14 min. of the recording?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You!

Hi Kenneth,

Apologies for the delay in my response. Yes, WAV files are limited to 4GB in size. I will log this issue to limit the length of recordings and roll over to a new file if necessary. In general, I'd recommend chunking up hours via the schedule into 1 hour blocks.

For anyone who might have this same issue, I finally found a solution to this problem.  As it turns out, the .wav format is limited to file sizes smaller than 4 GB because of its use of a 32-bit unsigned integer to record the file size header.  To fix the issue, I had to load the file into Audacity as a RAW file and then export it again in segments that were less than 4GB.

Login to post a comment