The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Internet Broadcast plugin with microphone

Hi - I'm using the internet broadcast and microphone push to talk plugins with PlayItLive.

The microphone settings have been a bit strange, but I have configured the microphone plugin to my USB microphone.

If I broadcast the playitlive mainmix to my audio stream, then you cannot hear the microphone.

The way round this is to select "headphones" as the playback in the microphone plugin, and then stream the "headphones" feed to the streaming server. This allows the microphone to be broadcast. But it feels a slightly sub-optimal way of doing things. It also means that any other noise omitted by the computer (a notification or other windows noise that gets picked up through the headphone feed) also gets broadcast into the stream.

Any advice much appreciated!

thanks! glad there is wider support for this. I imagine coding the button to go red would be about as simple a feature implementation as you could get, but massively helpful!

The red 'mic on' light is a great idea and a feature request I made. 

I also meant to add - I think it would be brilliant if the plugin more clearly showed when the microphone was open / on air. Perhaps if the microphone button changed to red or something?

Toggling the microphone on/off changes the colour between white and very light grey - so you can't easily tell that you've turned the microphone off after a link.

Thanks

Login to post a comment