The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Same Track different Artist keeps playing (Playout Policy not working)

I have a very simple playout policy.  All Tracks.  Do not play the same track within 1 hour (I assume this is referencing the title of the song).  Also Do not play the same artist within 1 hour.

Yet when I automate the playback with this policy, I still get the same track playing within the hour.  Am I just not understanding this or how to set it up?

For example, I have multiple songs that are identical, but the artist is different.  For instance, Jingle Bells is in the list 4 times, but by 4 different artists.

Frank Sinatra - Jingle Bells

Gene Autry - Jingle Bells

Michael Buble - Jingle Bells

Orchestra - Jingle Bells

Why when it looks at the title of the song would it playback the same title within the hour?  It makes no sense.  I am using the latest version 2.06 (build 2796).

1 Comment

Hi Bill,

For clarity, a track refers to an entry in the track list. "Do not play the same track for 1 hour" refers to the same track entry (your assumption is incorrect). Currently there is no direct way to not play the same title for 1 hour. My suggestion would be to set up a related artist between Frank Sinatra and Gene Autry etc so they are essentially treated as the same artist and will respect the "do not play the same artist" rule.

Login to post a comment