The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Connecting a second PC

Hi all,

have just set up our second studio and I'm having difficulty connecting it to our server. 

No tracks are playable - it's not pulled tracks in the search bar either.

Keep receiving the error message above.

I've allowed sharing and sorted the track path sub, all still works in our Studio 1, is there anything I've missed?

Thanks,

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

By the looks of things your track path substitutions have not been set up correctly as it has not mapped C:\ProgramData\PlayIt Manager\AudioStore to something else. Please can you show what you have entered for the track path substitutions?

Hi Jason,

It works on the existing PC so not sure why it would be any different on this one.

Thanks, J

Hi Jordan,

It looks like the synced machine may not have all the updates. I recommend forcing a re-sync which you can do by disconnecting from PlayIt Manager and then clicking Connect while holding the SHIFT key. This will clear the data that has been already synced and will re-sync all the data - this can take a bit of time.

Hi Jason, I have just tried this and it hasn’t worked. Have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling playit live with still no luck, same error appears. Thanks J

Please can you use this tool to send me the data on both the PlayIt Manager machine and the PlayIt Live machine: http://downloads.playitsoftware.com/DiagnosticsTool/PlayItDiagnosticsTool.exe

Thanks,

Jason

I have received your data for the PlayIt Live machine. The synced database does not contain any Track Path Substitutions. Please could you also send for the PlayIt Manager machine.

Hi Jason,

The tool isn't allowing me to send it across, shall I send the file via email instead? It prompts me to send it manually.

Thanks

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Yes, please send the file manually via email/cloud storage to support@playitsoftware.com.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for sending the data over yesterday. It looks like not everything is being synchronised. This is largely related to the 145,000 tracks you have. PlayIt Manager stores the last 50,000 changes to synchronise and hence a large number of changes are being missed. I tried performing a full synchronise, but this times out - I will look into this.

Thanks for taking a look, I'll look to reduce the number of tracks we have as well.

Login to post a comment