The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Item with same key has already been added

I keep having this pop up on PlayIt live, asking to send error report.

"Item with same key has already been added" It shows up at random times ruffly once a day. Once send error report it will close the software which I understand.

I tried logging the licence out and back in to renew the licence key. The system is operating linked to manager. All systems got updated to latest stable version last Sunday which could have coursed the licence conflict.

Im wanting to know more about what it means by "Item with same key has already been added" Is it someone using our licence key aswell?

Hi there,

We have a smiliar annoyance but with the Advert Logs. We cannot schedule ads and we end up with the 'item with the same key' error-- this only shows up if we schedule more than 1 advert. It doesn't do that if it is just the one advert. Yes, they are seperate adverts labelled differently. We have deleted and re added the adverts but the same issue repeats

Hi Joseph,

The error here is related to a key in a dictionary (technical documentation if you really want to read about this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.collections.generic.dictionary-2.add?view=netframework-4.7.1). Nothing to do with a licence key. Have you clicked to Send the Report? I can't see anything related to this in the system.

Jason

Thank you for your response Jason

we have clicked send report every time. But it closes the program as soon as you press it.

So if its a windows fault with a missing key is it a reinstall or playit or a windows reinstall. It is still running Windows 7 so would go to Windows 10.

Hi Joseph,

Please can you click Save As File and send the file to support@playitsoftware.com

Kind regards,

Jason

Hi Ayotunde,

This issue you describe is now resolved in the latest version on the website: https://www.playitsoftware.com/Products/Live

After installing, you may need to re-create the adverts in your advert campaign to fully resolve the issue.

Jason

Login to post a comment