The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Unable To Find Tracks

My computer is Windows 10.  PlayIt is Build 2738.

I have an adverts folder set up in PlayIt containing 3 files.  One per hour is used in rotation.  Playout Policy is set to not repeat the same track for 2 hours.  When the next hour clock is loaded PlayIt cannot find a track in the adverts folder.  I have changed the policy to 1 and 0 hours.  No difference.

I have  a Promo folder containing 3 files.  One per hour is used in rotation.  As with the adverts, playout policy is do not repeat the same track for 2 hours.  PlayIt cannot find a track when loading the next hour.

I have a station jingle folder containing 38 items.  4 per hour are used in rotation.  Playout Policy is do not repeat the same track for 6 hours.  When the clock loads, PlayIt cannot find tracks in the folder.  I have tried changing the policy to 4 and 5 hours, as well as 7 and 8 hours which makes no difference.

I have a New Music folder containing 27 tracks.  3 per hour are played in rotation.  Playout Policy is set to not repeat the same track for 7 hours and the same artist for 7 hours.  When the clock loads PlayIt cannot find a track in the folder.  I have tried changing to 6 and 5 hours which makes no difference.

I had PlayIt on a Windows 7 computer using the same policies above and it worked fine.

I have looked at the PlayIt manual which doesn't help as there is no guidance as to how playout policy should be set.

What should my playout policies be?  Am I missing something?  Any advice much appreciated.

Dave

Hi David,

When you say it cannot find the track, are you getting a red bar error saying this? Or are you getting Unscheduled items? It's not clear if you have done so from your description but you need to reschedule an hour after changing playout policies if you have already scheduled it with the previous policy.

Screenshots really, really help with complex problems like these, so please try to include them so everyone can get the best picture.

As requested. It's unscheduled items.
DSC0013.JPG
(3.28 MB)

Hi David,

This is showing that your playout policies are too strict and should be relaxed. I'd recommend going through all your playout policies and reducing them all to 0 hours and then increasing the hours in each incrementally to determine which is the problematic one.

Jason

I've been having the same problem.  Even when I just delete the policy entirely it will tell me unable to find track given playout policy.

Hi Jeremy,

I have updated PlayIt Live to list out which playout policies are preventing a track group from being scheduled. You can pick up this new version from https://www.playitsoftware.com/Products/Live 

Please note that when you change/delete the playout policy you must reschedule the hour for the changes to take effect.

Allow me to double check to make sure I understand correctly.

I have a folder with 16 tracks and 2 tracks per hour are played in rotation.  I would like all tracks to be played before being repeated.  Should I set my playout policy to not repeat the same track for 7 or 8 hours? 

Hi David,

PlayIt Live chooses a track at random from the selected track group after filtering out tracks and artists that have already been played in the past X hours depending on the playout policies. Your maths sounds correct, but you also must take into account your artist policies and also if tracks appear in multiple track groups which themselves may be subject to other policies.

Jason

Login to post a comment