The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic
Answered

Playit Can I display album covers and info?

Hello I am new this is day one,

For my application I am running audio out from sound card to an external encoder. I have a dedicated computer for this radio application (or will have).

I have a video screen (basicly a second monitor output on a video card on this same computer running Playit on one screen, the second screen would display information). On this screen I would like to display artist playing, song, album, and album cover art. Will playit do this?

In the past at a different station I setup BSI simian to display this on a webpage (an external webpage) but no album cover just the data. It had a script to refresh.

So in theory the display monitor could be a open browser if required, or better yet just a generated local window.

I don't need all that external website display. I just want the output like you see on VLC media player, the album art, but in my case I also need the text info.

I would just drag to my second screen.

This would be great for local displays or remote displays for multi-media applications, and also something live a Roku or music channel as it would have video, the album cover and artist info if you follow.

Thanks and will be testing software here at work and at home (time allowing)

JW

Best Answer

Hello Jim,

To my knowledge, PlayIt Live does nothing with Album Art and isn't really intended for an application such as yours.

With a stream generated by PlayIt Live and, say, XiiaLive on an Android tablet you will see the album art but that is because XiiaLive pulls pictures from a central store based on the now playing metadata.

I'm sure there are more appropriate "jukebox" applications than PlayIt Live for your application.

Answer

Hello Jim,

To my knowledge, PlayIt Live does nothing with Album Art and isn't really intended for an application such as yours.

With a stream generated by PlayIt Live and, say, XiiaLive on an Android tablet you will see the album art but that is because XiiaLive pulls pictures from a central store based on the now playing metadata.

I'm sure there are more appropriate "jukebox" applications than PlayIt Live for your application.

1 person likes this

Thanks Mark, I am looking for such software now, so far nothing but will search it out.