The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Streamed Radio with added jingles

I'm looking to stream an internet radio station and play a sequence of jingles from a changing set in the order they are in that set, 1 every 10 minutes, say.

Streamed Internet Radio X
"Ok folks the colour is blue"
Carry on with Streamed Internet Radio X
"Ok folks, the colour is now green"
"Ok folks, the colour is now Purple"
"Ok folks the final colour is Orange"
Back to "Ok, folks, the colour is blue"
For the whole day
Next day.... I may swap Purple for Black
The next day I may swap Blue for Yellow.     

Do I have to set up the hour with stream-in, jingle, stream-in, jingle, stream-in, jingle then schedule that same hour for every hour for every day?

I kinda hoped I could just say play the internet Radio station and schedule jingles and it carry on with the radio station without me asking.

I'll re-read the manual - but any instant help would be appreciated.

@Robert, your application is not really what PlayIt Live is aimed at but I think you could do it with a schedule as you suggest.

Putting the jingles in a group and setting the rotation rules might let you do something like you want.

There are potential levels and loudness issues with doing this, either the stream or the jingles might be louder although since you can control the level of the inserts you may be able to achieve an acceptable result.

Thanks!

I do appreciate it's a sledgehammer of an application to crack a nut.

Yes, already finding the levels an issue in my trials.