The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Program log not following clocks

This is an issue that has been bugging me, on one PC I cannot get PlayIt Live to follow the clock schedule at all, it seems to just randomly generate tracks. Originally I thought it was somehow just not scheduling the liners but upon a closer look it just simply doesn't seem to recognize that I have a clock schedule in place for the entire day.

Is there possibly a button I am missing? I am using the latest version.

1 person has this question

Hi Alex,

I have just tested creating a clock with 5 jingles at the start, scheduling this for the current hour and clicking Schedule in Manage > Playout Log and it generated the tracks as expected.

Please could you show with screenshots how you set up the clock, scheduled it and then show a screenshot of the incorrect playout log. I am interested to see if there is a buggy workflow I have missed.

Please ensure you are running the latest version released on 9th August: 1.12 Build 1281 

Kind regards,
Jason

It seems to do that to me too.  I have the next five hours set up to run and try to throw it into auto and the program just inserts random tracks in place and cause my 9:00 hour  to start at 9:55.

1 person likes this

Here is the log in manual doing just fine...

I put it in auto and it does this...

Random track have replaced my 9:00 hour and here is my 9:00 hour now...

1 person likes this
Identical to the issue I am having, except mine won't even schedule that legal ID like yours is doing. Best I can tell is the program is ignoring the clock and instead is following the playout pattern. I'll be able to provide screenshots later this afternoon when I'm at the studio.

Edit: Except mine won't follow the clock schedule regardless of what mode it is in. Random tracks generated by the playout log in all modes.

The Screenshots show that the log generator is ignoring the clocks and is following the playout pattern instead.

PILSS12.png
(266 KB)
PILSS11.png
(235 KB)
PILSS10.png
(235 KB)
PILSS9.png
(206 KB)
PILSS8.png
(261 KB)
PILSS7.png
(234 KB)
PILSS6.png
(222 KB)
PILSS5.png
(222 KB)
PILSS4.png
(234 KB)
PILSS3.png
(241 KB)
PILSS2.png
(270 KB)
PILSS1.png
(222 KB)

System information.

PILSS13.png
(331 KB)

Hi Alex,

The thing that is standing out is the Schedule Clocks screen. It does not look right, they should look like this and should always be an hour in length:

Because they are not shaded in light blue, this indicates your clocks have no duration. The user interface should be enforcing a duration of one hour when you schedule an item.

Please could you tell me the steps you take when scheduling a clock?

Thanks,

Jason

I scheduled the clock by clicking on Monday at the midnight position and went from there, setting repeat daily and highlighting the times I want the clock to run. The only thing I did not set was "every" with the number drop down menu. It didn't appear to make a difference what number I set it to.

Got the clock working right, only problem now is the program locks up on the final hour it tries to schedule. Takes up as much CPU as it can and just sits there spinning for eternity trying to schedule that final hour.

That's weird that it is locking up like that.

I finally had some success with my issue.  I just schedule the playout log for about 12 hours in advance. The program recognizes the playout log and plays what I have scheduled.

Mine didn't start working until I told the first item in the clock not to segue, then it finally filled the clock and the program follows it. The log generation can take awhile it seems.
Update: It follows it for the first few songs then stops running songs and just schedules liners with nothing else.

It would be really helpful to have a "typical" sample flow chart for a first run through the "Manage" toolbar tracks to groups to clock to operating.  I cannot get my clock to schedule but I'm certain it's me not the software, (it's so much more likely). The help files tell you what but they don't tell you how.

Also on my other playout software I have one button to "clear current schedule" and a confirm button. I can then load a new one and test it instantly.  I cannot easily see how to do that.  Advice welcome.