The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Playout Policies

Apologies for bringing this subject up again but I am still having issues as you will see from the attached image.

The New Music A folder has 18 tracks with 2 per hour played.  Playout Policy is Do Not Repeat same track for 5 Hours.

The Promo Covid folder contains 7 tracks with one per hour played.  Playout Policy is Do Not Repeat Same track for 3 hours.

The Adverts folder contains 4 tracks with one per hour played.  Playout Policy is Do Not Repeat same track for 1 hour.

Everything was working fine earlier this year.  The computer crashed due to power cuts.  For the past few months, since the computer was restarted, I have to spend time each day adding tracks where Playit is unable to find anything.   

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Hi David,

You have posted your clocks which look sensible. Yes, please post each of your playout policies. If you have many, I would suggest simplifying these otherwise it is difficult to keep track of these and diagnose issues.

Just double checking that you want to see a picture of ALL my playout policies?  I have attached screen shots of my hourly playlist to give you an idea of how my hour is made up.  There are a some hours which consist of the news and a 56 minute recorded programme.

Hi David,

If the hour is overscheduled you would need to take into account the tracks that were scheduled during the overrun, even if they were not played.

Can you show screenshots of the setup of each of your playout policies?

Jason 

Login to post a comment