The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

can't seem to get anything to work with a screen reader

questions

Thanks, I just voted for it. Right now, there are very few automation systems that are accessible, which we radio enthusiasts aren't too happy about. I'm glad to see you are responsive.

Hi Bob,

I'm afraid that due to the complex user interface controls there is no support for screen readers in PlayIt Live. There is a feature request here for this to be implemented which you can vote on to show your support: https://www.playitsoftware.com/Support/FeatureRequests/133/Support-for-screen-readers--accessibility-

If there are sufficient votes from users the work will be done to support this.

Ok,

apparently my previous post didn't take, so trying this again. I use NVDA as a screen reader, and when I open Play It Live, I can tab to the buttons for Voice Track, Fixed Time Marker, Break Note, Remote URL, Aux Input, and Advert Block, but when I press enter on any of those nothing happens. I am also able to create new groups and add tracks to them, but the screen reader doesn't see anything in the songs section, it just says "MGrid Songs." I also can't seem to create a clock. When I try to, I get the box for the clock name, then an unlabeled button, then something that says "flexible tree view 1" that I can't seem to interact with, then they OK button. Pressing that, I get another dialog that NVDA won't read, but pressing the OK button here takes me back to the add new clock screen. How can I get this to work?

Login to post a comment