The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Another problem has risen..... :-O

Why does this not work ? It wont insert the M3U playlist ?

what.png
(164 KB)

Hi Mark,

It's the on backlog to support relative paths in M3U files based on the path of the M3U file.

If you are importing via Manage > Playout Log > Import, the M3U file will be validated for the existence of the relevant files:

e.g. you will see:

and will report the paths it could not find.

One other observation.

The imported M3U file doesn't seem to be "validated" when added to the schedule.

Ideally it could check the file is there when scheduling so that if there is an error it could be fixed at that point rather than when attempting (and failing) to load the track.

Picking this up again Jason as I've tried to import a playlist made in Windows Media Player to populate a PlayIt Live schedule.

Windows Media Player will make a "valid" M3U file which just has the file name (rather than the full path).

It appears that if the M3U file is in the folder with the tracks it refers to, other players will take the path that the M3U file was found at and assume that is a prefix for the MP3 files.

It would be a new feature but probably not too hard to make the M3U playlist import work that way. The other format which can be imported (Scott Studios) already allows a Base Audio Folder to be specified (which is essentially what would be needed to make the WMP generated M3U file work).

I can cut and paste the path into the M3U file but it would be better if I didn't have to.

Hi Jess,

I understand that you have an M3U, but it only contains Start.wav etc on each line. Each line needs to read C:\full\path\to\Start.wav so the PlayIt Live knows exactly where to find the file.

Tried making an event that skipped track on a certain time.. That worked fine.. But not the playlist function..... Im going insane :-D

Like this

what3.png
(80.7 KB)

But its not Start.wav i'm trying to run with an event. Its the file sgsgdg.M3U. Start.wav is in that playlist together with 2 other wav files.

Hi Jess,

The logs are showing

2020-04-16 15:15:00.221: [ScheduledEventsService] [INFO    ] [PlayoutLogM3UImportContentProcessor] Processing: Start.wav

2020-04-16 15:15:00.222: [ScheduledEventsService] [INFO    ] [TrackFromFile] Loading track from file: Start.wav

2020-04-16 15:15:00.222: [ScheduledEventsService] [WARN    ] [TrackFromFile] File does not exist.

2020-04-16 15:15:00.222: [ScheduledEventsService] [INFO    ] [PlayoutLogM3UImportContentProcessor] Row 3 Did not understand the entry: Start.wav

etc

You need to use the full file path for the audio file including the folder it is in. You can't just use Start.wav.

sent

Thank you so much... They might be rather messy hense I have fiddled around alot :-D

I think I soon need the Subscription on email support ;-)

Please send me your logs using this tool and I will take a look: http://downloads.playitsoftware.com/DiagnosticsTool/PlayItDiagnosticsTool.exe

The content is 3 spots in wav format.

I have deleted my former events and made a new one. Started from zero.

Set it to 16.20. Mode import, current hour

No event at 16.20 ?

what2.png
(165 KB)

What's the content of the M3U file? Does it work if you use the Manage > Playout Log > Import feature? Also, it's not clear if you had previously applied the Scheduled Event from the Manage Scheduled Events window.

Login to post a comment