The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Live Broadcast

Hello

We are currently broadcasting on FM and internet ( icecast) , When we attempt to talk , we pause the play list. Voice is fine through FM but there is no voice over the internet. Any ideas how to get voice onto the net broadcast?

Thanks

Hi Mark, I can you help me with the settings to bring Mixxx and Playit live together. Like what is the "host" IP and where do I get the "• Password: As provided by your streaming server provider, unless you run your own radio server. It is required  to establish the connection to the server and to start the broadcast."

I have no idea who is my Streaming server provider? Icecast? Playit live? Mixxx? 

This is how I have it now. But it does not work.

Hi Mark, Sorry if I frustrate you with my limited knowledge of these things. I have a new challenge now. No sound is coming out when I play music on playit live. It has a "recording device" error. I've uninstalled that recorder but now it still poses a problem.   

I have done everything step by step according your instruction in Point2). Linking Caster and mixxx with each other. But I still can not connect.

Hello Jacques,

We will get to PlayIt Live in time but firstly (as a test) we need to make Mixxx work to CasterFM's instructions.

Firstly, in Caster FM's instructions for Mixxx I see differences between their instructions and your settings.

◦ select “Enable Live Broadcasting” - I think this is the top tick box - tick it.

◦ Type: Icecast 2 - You have Icecast 1

◦ Mount: /listen.mp3 - You have /stream - you dashboard seems to need /listen

◦ Host: Server IP from your dashboard - this bit is confusing, I think you need shaincast.caster.fm here

◦ Port: Port from your dashboard - You need 18810 from your dashboard

◦ Log in: source - This looks OK

◦ Password: I assume you have entered your password from your dashboard correctly.

◦ Bitrate: 64 or 128kbps - This looks OK

◦ Format: MP3 - This looks OK

◦ Channels: Stereo - This looks OK

If you fix these points I think Mixxx will work.

Please report back.

Once you have made Mixxx work there will be every chance with PlayIt Live.

as for the device error, it seems that one of the playback (not necessarily recording despite what the error says) devices selected isn't installed.

This isn't a fatal problem if you are using the main mix as your streaming source and often happens if a USB device is selected in PlayIt Live but not plugged in.

To fix it go through the settings and make sure all the drop downs that select where outputs go have real working devices selected.

If you hear nothing then it sounds like the players in "live assist mode" are set to a device that isn't there (or you are not listening to).

Leaving aside making Mixxx work (which in retrospect doesn't seem to have helped) I set up a test stream with what I think should work with Caster FM and PlayIt Live.

While it didn't connect (I know your password isn't Jacques !) I think it is otherwise correct.

Try these settings in PlayIt Live and see how you get on.

Hi guys, I am super new to this software and the whole online radio scene. I have very limited tech knowledge to add insult to injury. I've got everything sorted with the software. My problem now is to get my stuff 'on-air'. The streaming thing starts and shows that it is streaming, however, the 'off-air' sign stays off air. If added .....or rather tried to add an encoder, but it still stays "failed to connect". What am I doing wrong? I'm using icecast. I'm just not sure If I'm setting this stuff up properly.  This screen shot is the info I put into the fields. 

Please help me I'm so lost and very stuck. 

Good Day Mark,

Thank you so much for your patience with me. I have done the setting thing. Screenshot follows. But it still does not want to connect. I wish to ask you if maybe I can download something that will give you access to my laptop remotely, then you can connect to my laptop and see if you find any problem. I'll happily supply you with all the passwords you'll need. Do you think you can help me like that? If you don't mind we can chat on Whatsapp. +270817983274

Well Jacques, I've never used "CasterFM" but they give a username of "source" and there is no sign of that in the PlayIt Live streaming encoder settings.

One "gotcha" with PlayIt Live is if it doesn't like the source you have chosen to stream for some reason (driver issues etc.).

The source that always works is PlayIt Live Main Mix, so for fault finding try that.

Beyond that, try another streaming client and see if you can get that to work to "fine tune" your settings.

They don't have knowledgebase entries for what would be my first choice stand alone encoders but Mixxx is free so you could download it and try the settings they show in that.

Login to post a comment