The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Now playing send to server

Hi how do I setup the now playing plugin to send info on a server instead of the hard drive. So normally it saves to c:\nowplaying.txt well instead how to I get it to save on www.mysite.com/nowplaying.txt

2 people have this question

Hello, i bought the Now Playing plugin....and none of the intended servers cant find the text file on my pc computer , this is the text file when browsed in Now Playing plugin (C:\Users\digga\Documents\nowplaying.txt) so it does not work, no Metadata... how to fix this. thank you!

Hi Kroffi,

If you have now playing information written to a file, this is usually used by external encoders such as BUTT where you can select a location of the file to send. What encoder are you using?

hello, i am using Rocket Broadcaster Pro.

Hi Kroffi,

You can use these instructions to reference the nowplaying.txt file in Rocket Broadcaster Pro:  https://www.rocketbroadcaster.com/docs/configuration/metadata-capture.html#text-file 

1 person likes this
Excellent software for radio broadcast, I will be looking into it more, thank you
I tried that but Radio Broadcaster does not find it, error: text file not found

Please can you show a screenshot of what you have entered into the Now Playing plugin and what you have entered into Rocket Broadcaster.

The first email i sent has the text....Now Playing Plugin create that text when I browse....when I browse in RB it cannot be found error

Please can you show me a screenshot of the Now Playing configuration on the Now Playing plugin. For example, have you ticked the box that says "Save now playing track to a file" as well as entering a Now Playing file path, and also clicked Apply Changes.

Try to get a better pic
jpg

Have you played a track to create the file? If it had a problem writing the file you would see an error on this window. If you continue to have problems please send your data using this tool and I can look at the logs: http://downloads.playitsoftware.com/DiagnosticsTool/PlayItDiagnosticsTool.exe

Yes and the .txt file written and saved no problem but Rocket Broadcaster do not recognized or find the .txt file on the same pc, saying error: file not found

As you said you can see that the file is written but Rocket Broadcaster cannot find the file I would suggest you contact Rocket Broadcaster Support

Thank you Jason,,,

Login to post a comment