The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Program log not following clocks

This is an issue that has been bugging me, on one PC I cannot get PlayIt Live to follow the clock schedule at all, it seems to just randomly generate tracks. Originally I thought it was somehow just not scheduling the liners but upon a closer look it just simply doesn't seem to recognize that I have a clock schedule in place for the entire day.

Is there possibly a button I am missing? I am using the latest version.

1 person has this question

As requested here is an explanation and demonstration of scheduling in PlayIt Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Ksmcf5Cy8

Hi Everyone, I am using the latest version of PlayIt Live I created serval clocks and scheduled them and the layout log is still not following the clock I have followed all the instructions from the Video Jason posted. and still it will schedule random songs with ID after the first song of the hour. can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Images attached.

IMG1639.JPG
(1.59 MB)
IMG1640.JPG
(1.58 MB)
IMG1641.JPG
(1.84 MB)

Sorry guys, got it sorted. The playout policy was to strict.

I seem to be having a similar problem. PIL is not following the clock I set. The jingles are not playing, nor are the promos after the Fixed Time Marker.

I researched the issue and thought that maybe the playout policies were too harsh but noticed that I only applied a playout policy to the songs track group and not the other (Jingle and Promo) track group. I set a playout policy for the Jingle track group but that hasn't soled the problem.

I have deleted and restarted a few times but I'm not getting anything that I scheduled. I wonder if anyone has found a solution to this yet?

Thank you,

Ralph

Now, I may have solved the problem. When changing the Colours and Icons on the Jingle and Promo track groups, I put 10 into the priority box in that screen - why 10? Its the number I was on a PIL youtube video. Once I did that, the scheduler then updated to show Jingles and promos and the relevant colours and icons.

Should this really be the way to solve the scheduling problem?

UPDATE: This work around (changing colours and icons on the Jingle and Promo track groups) no longer works. I'm just getting random stuff. PIL is kinda doing it's own thing. Have I created a Monster? LOL

This is doing my nut. What am I missing/doing wrong? Can anyone help? Thank you.

Ralph