The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Control a GPI/O, PIP Device or Switcher

I need to know how I can utilize this software to send commands to a switcher like the Broadcast Tools ACS 8.2 or other types of professional equipment.  

Hello Justin, I can’t think of a way. A scheduled GPO (relay closure) would be a sensible feature request although a GPI (detecting a swich closure) would be more useful for most people. I had a quick look at the Broadcast Tools website and it is a very handy device to make a radio station output switcher (with most of the functions that could be needed) but that controlling kind of device isn’t where PlayIt Live is aimed. A simple switch to a sustaining feed can be scheduled by taking a sound card input which might be what you want to do. Over the years I’ve been involved in projects attempting to achieve scheduled switching of audio and it can get very complicated very quickly.

So what do you recommend Mark?

Well Justin, PlayIt Live can schedule and play live streams as an item in a schedule that would be my first approach if the source is available in this format, alternatively schedule an aux input item. Pages 129 to 131 of the PDF manual covers this.
Login to post a comment