The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

'Title' Separation

Despite creating a rule in PiL not to repeat the same track within 2 hours there are still hours where it selects the same title by a different artist.

Example: "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" has several different versions yet despite every track being labelled the same on the database, I still have the same issue.

Same goes for "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)".

Is there another way to prevent this?

It is not possible to separate tracks by title. You could argue the other way - e.g. "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News is an entirely different song from "Power of Love" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

My best suggestion here is that you use the Related Artists feature to relate the artists of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" so they are treated essentially as the same artist and separated appropriately.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the answer.. Hope it will be in a update in the future ;-)

There may be a fundamental misunderstanding about what the rule can achieve. It can stop the same file being scheduled for a period of time. It won’t stop the same song title being played by a different artist or another file containing the same song being played. Both would be potentially useful but are not the current functionality.

1 person likes this
I would like to know that too. Did you get an answer or find out yourself ? Jess
Login to post a comment