The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

Database

Is it possible to view music window by Name and Time instead of by Title and Time? Much of my library has track # in the title and I don't want to re-do the entire library.

I figured it out.there is a freed program at mp3tag.com  It let's you make the Name and Title the same.

The display can only show what the ID tags contain. To try and suppress the numbers would mean '99 red balloons'. '1-2-3' and many others would be affected, if it was even possible. 

I had an old directory where track numbers were part of the artiste ID so I had to re-do them. I used File Renamer to trim the numbers from the start of the file name then MP3-TAG (from Magnus Brading, not a similar program with the same name) to re-tag the ID3v1 and ID3v2 info.

PlayIt Live has a handy 'Monitored Folders' feature that would allow you to quickly delete the rogue entries and re-instate them. I'm using that very feature to add, and later delete, the Christmas tracks in our station's rotation.