The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic

No Audio

Since this was updated, I now have no audio whatsoever on my pc. I can't play any sound through PlayIt software and even using windows media player... still no sound at all. If I close PlayIt, the sound comes back to my pc. I have checked the settings and the soundcard is configured correctly. Please help.

3 people have this problem

Hi Christopher,

I have not experienced this issue myself, nor has it been reported by anyone else. I do not recall making any changes in this version to the audio routing so I am surprised you say it has happened since the upgrade. Can you confirm that you were upgrading from PlayIt Live 1.13?

Are there any other programs running that are audio based?

Jason

Hi Jason Thanks for your reply. I have no other audio programs running. I do try and install every update you release. I can't remember if I had. 1.13 installed but I did download the beta version which is when the problem actually started. I uninstallled the program and did a fresh install but still it blocks any and all audio when PlayIt live is running. I have checked all the audio settings on PlayIt and also in my pc and they are normal... This is a weird problem I know. I love your software and I hope to continue to use it. Chris
Hi Jason I have installed 1.12 on my pc which I had on another pc and that kills the sound on my pc too... This is really upsetting me as this playout is the best by far. Please help. Chris
Hey there,

same problem here with the PlayIt Cartwall. When I open the cartwall all sounds on the PC are off except the cartwall. When I then close the program, all other pragrams are working again as expected.
What could this be?

Hi Chris/Mathias,

Please could you send me your data and logs for Cartwall using this tool so I can check your setup: http://downloads.playitsoftware.com/DiagnosticsTool/PlayItDiagnosticsTool.exe

Thanks,

Jason

couldn't send the report file automatically... where should I send it?

Hi Mathias,

You can email to support@playitsoftware.com

Jason

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for sending me your data. Looking at the logs, I do not see any errors when attempting to play the carts. Looking at your settings, the audio device for the QuickCarts is S/PDIF Pass-through Device (ASUS Xonar D2X Audio Device) - is this intentional? The editor device is Lautsprecher (ASUS Xonar D2X Audio Device) (I presume this is Loudspeaker)

Please can you verify the devices are selected correctly in File > Settings

Thanks,

Jason

1 person likes this

I have already checked all the drivers, devices and settings a few times. There should be everything fine. My problem isn't that I cant play sounds on the cartwall. Quite the contrary! When the cartwall is open the rest of the system isnt able to play sounds. One can see that the programs are playing (e.g. Winamp, Media Player, Audition) but one can't hear a single noise. Just when I close the cartwall the sounds return on the system. It seems like PlayIt would take all the rights for playing sounds.

In the meantime I circumvent the problem by installing the wall on a virtual machine. For the moment it works fine but I think that is not a real solution.

Anyway, thanks for your help and your support I hope I can find the reason for this issue soon.
Mathias

When I run PlayIt Live, I get no sound from it. Sound works fine if I use other programs before, but when I run PlayIt Live, I can get no sound also on other programs. The strangest thing is that this problem occurs on my PC with Windows 7, though I don't have the same issue if I run program on my laptop with Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated.

I know this is an old post but I am having the same issue. I get no audio once I launch Playit Voice track and playit Cartwall. My audio works with everything else except for PlayIt.

Was there ever a solution found for this?

My issue was Windows 10! It did a major update and it reset some permissions. The issue I had was it denied permission for PlayIt live to use my microphone. This is crucial as my sound comes out of my pc via the headphone port into my mixer and back into my pc via the microphone port. Go to settings and make sure PlayIt Live has permission to use your microphone port. Also just check that PlayIt Live settings are correct for your sound card. I hope this makes sense.

Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply. How do I give permission Playit Voice.......? I went into the folder, right clicked on the shortcut and checked permissions which were all ok. Is this correct? 

Thanks again mate

I am new to this software, and have loved it right up until this morning.  Last night my laptop did a Windows 10 update automatically, and now I have no sound on PlayIt Voice.  Sound works on every other program on my laptop, such as iTunes.  I have restarted several times.  I have played with the microphone feature in Devices on the laptop to try to make a fix like an earlier individual here did.  It did not work.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Login to post a comment