The PlayIt Software Users Facebook group provides a much faster response to questions. Please consider joining.
Start a new topic
Answered

Plugins

Hi there. Awesome software, just wondering if I can use my Shoutcast plugin with it?

Best Answer

Adam,

I don't think the PlayIt Live streaming plugin can itself take a Shoutcast plugin.

As far as I know Shoutcast plugins generally work with WinAmp but I seem to recall another streaming program can also use them.

However, PlayIt live can output to (say) a USB sound card and you could then loop this back to the USB sound card input (with or without a mixer in the way) then use that sound card to feed your shoutcast streaming program.

Answer

Adam,

I don't think the PlayIt Live streaming plugin can itself take a Shoutcast plugin.

As far as I know Shoutcast plugins generally work with WinAmp but I seem to recall another streaming program can also use them.

However, PlayIt live can output to (say) a USB sound card and you could then loop this back to the USB sound card input (with or without a mixer in the way) then use that sound card to feed your shoutcast streaming program.

Thanks Mark